Saturday, January 1, 2011

LAURIE ZUCKERMAN WISHES YOU A HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND HOLY NEW YEAR IN 2011

It's that day to make resolutions. Move more, eat less, and most importantly, stay centered on my artwork. Too tempting to start new projects while so many others remain unresolved. This break, I have been working on several series of cemetery and shrine photographs from my forays into the historic Hispanic Southwest. In between backbreaking hours at the computer, I tinker with my existing altars in preparation for a new round of photo documentation this month. I dust the cobwebs off my crucifixes and saints and stuff new offerings into every available space. 

In the coming weeks, I will be constructing a new Day of the Dead ofrenda in my downstairs studio, along with some help from my space heater! Winter has finally set in here. Snow has finally fallen on our bone dry backyard after a long warm fall. The time has come for cabin-bound art projects, now that all the holiday festivities are behind us. I have two and a half weeks left of complete freedom before the spring semester begins. I want to have momentum on my side and make the most of my creative time. My wish for you: time, space, and abundant inspiration for all of your own creative projects. Happy New Year to all!!

No comments: