Saturday, December 31, 2011

LAURIE BETH ZUCKERMAN PHOTOGRAPHS THE WALSENBURG SANTUARIO GROTTO IN SOUTHERN COLORADO ON CHRISTMAS EVE


Laurie Beth Zuckerman wishes all of you a Happy New Year! 2011 ended with a glorious journey to revisit several of my favorite shrines and sanctuaries in Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico, as well as discover new ones. Follow along with me in January as I share some of the highlights of my holiday travels. Today's post showcases the Santuario on Highway 160, west of Walsenburg. A fresh snowfall dusts the sandstone grotto with sugar icing. Only one other person had walked to the shrine before me. I hated to disturb the snow to get these photos, but this Virgin Mary is my favorite statue of all. I have been photographing her at this grotto for more than a dozen years. This may be the best she has ever looked.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

dear laurie,

may you walk in light, fulfillment and mindful beauty.
may you know a brave heart, a healthy body, may laughter be your chosen language and love be your true compass for the brightest new year!
may our paths forever cross this year.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Annie Jeffries said...

And what a wonderful start this is. I look forward to following and seeing more. Happy New Year.