Sunday, December 4, 2011

LAURIE BETH ZUCKERMAN'S MOTHER OF SORROWS ALTAR TO BLANCHE ZUCKERMAN

Laurie Beth Zuckerman's Mother of Sorrows altar to her mother, Blanche (at right)
Laurie Beth Zuckerman's Mother of Sorrows altar to her mother, Blanche

Laurie Beth Zuckerman home ancestor altar to her mother Blanche Kleid Zuckerman began in 2001 just weeks after Blanche's death from ovarian cancer. Today would be my mother's 89th birthday had she survived. A special birthday wish to you, Mom!! Can't express how much I miss you and how much you have inspired depth in my altarmaking over these past ten years.

These altar photos were taken in my home just before this Mother of Sorrows altar was exhibited in my 2009 solo retrospective at the Loveland Museum/Gallery in Northern Colorado.

9 comments:

rebecca said...

stunning and heart gripping; your
mother of sorrows. i love how you have dedicated and acknowledged your mother's active place in your heart and work. truly a testimony in every bright detail to ultimate motherlove.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful way to honor your mother.

Gayle said...

Laurie I could look at your altars for hours. So much to see.
What a wonderful tribute to your Mother.Thanks for showing this.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

It doesn't matter how long ago it has been since our mothers have departed. We miss them just as much as we did back then. Nothing can fill that void. What a beautiful tribute to your mother!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Laurie. What a beautiful tribute to your mother, God Bless Her and a Happy Birthday. We still try to celebrate birthdays of love ones now gone. My Dad's is coming up in January and I always try to pay a tribute to his beautiful soul. Beautiful work Laurie. ::hugs::

Priti Lisa said...

Breath-taking.
So much love here.
It's perfect how you have taken a deep sorrow in your life and found the beauty...♥♥♥

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Your altar in your mom's memory truly stunned me with its variations and its beauty. And speaking of beauty, your mom, Blanche, was a beauty, too. Death does not end a relationship so I wish your mom happy birthday, too.

Hettienne Grobler said...

I do not want to comment in words as whatever I say will take away from this moment that I shared with you in time and space! namaste

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

"Mother of Sorrows" ...yes, she knows the very depths...

Imperturbable Mary