Saturday, December 3, 2011

LAURIE BETH ZUCKERMAN'S PHOTOGRAPHS MADONNA AT SANCTUARIO DE CHIMAYO, NORTHERN NEW MEXICO

Laurie Beth Zuckerman's photo of Madonna
at the Sanctuario de Chimayo, Northern New Mexico
Laurie Beth Zuckerman's photo of Madonna
at the Sanctuario de Chimayo, Northern New Mexico
Laurie Beth Zuckerman's photo of Madonna
in the window of the Sanctuario de Chimayo

Laurie Beth Zuckerman's has photographed the famous Sanctuario de Chimayo many times over the years since the early 1990s. Hopefully this life-size bust of the Madonna is still resident to the chapel. She's a true beauty!! She is my pick for Day 3 of "A Virgin a Day" a collective of artists impressions of the Madonna, located at the following website for the first 12 days of December: http://corazon.typepad.com/recuerda_mi_corazon/


El Santuario de Chimayo is known locally as the "Lourdes of America" lures over 300,000 people to visit every year. The Prayer Room, which is located in the sacristy of the church (next to El Posito, the "sacred sand pit"), is filled with discarded crutches, braces, and scary, handmade shrines.

9 comments:

GlorV1 said...

That's a beautiful photo. Awesome.

Unknown said...

Awesome photo!! I love it!!

Noelle Clearwater said...

This is exquisite. I lived in Santa Fe for a couple of years. I visited Chimayo and I never saw this statue. You have given us such a gift with this beautiful rendering of it. Thank you. I am not sure if you can get to my Angels blog. If you don't have google chrome, that might be the problem. Gemma was telling me she had to download it. Thanks for your comment on Indaba today.
Noelle

gma said...

I visited Chimayo about a month ago. It is a sacred place. Nice to see your beautiful Madonna in the lovely light of New Mexico.

Priti Lisa said...

Your photography is exquisite.
The shadows, the light, the love...they are all there. And I missed yesterdays...til now. The color in the rubble.
Such beauty♥♥♥

rebecca said...

such an exquisite embodiment of dark and light.. profoundly moving.

so glad you are here laurie so more may know your magnificent work.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

She is so beautiful. Each time you write about Chimayo it brings back so many memories.

Hettienne Grobler said...

I am so happy that I have found your blog. These twelve days of Mary have introduced me to an entire new community of wise women and men!

Spadoman said...

Beautiful photograph of a beautiful work of art.

Peace