Monday, February 4, 2008

LAURIE ZUCKERMAN'S NEW MADONNA SHRINE


For my Christmas present, my husband Tom Mathies spent days sawing, carving, and painting me an exquisite shrine out of alabaster, cholla cactus, rusty tin, and gold leaf. For the focal point, I gave him a chalkware Madonna head I had found in a trash can in Southern Colorado. Tom used found materials that he had located in Wyoming and New Mexico. Last year he carved an alabaster grotto for my birthday. I can't wait for him to make another shrine!

1 comment:

Deirdra Doan said...

Laurie, It's Maggs in Eugene. I'm here with Deidra, having Easter dinner over at Mason Williams and Karen's house. They live kiddy corner from us.I wanted her to see your work. I'm off to the South west tomorrow with my 2 sisters. we're going to phx, sedona, grand canyon. I'm looking forward to seeing condors at the Little Colorado bridge and art!. love you, Mary
marymaggs1@msn.com