Saturday, November 7, 2009

LAURIE ZUCKERMAN'S LOVELAND MUSEUM "MEMENTO MORI" EXHIBIT ENDED NOVEMBER 1. The museum's next show is Salvador Dali and the prior shows were Wayne Thiebaud's paintings and Gee's Bend Quilts




Laurie Zuckerman's altars and memory jugs exhibition at the Loveland Museum is not only over, it has all been packed and delivered back to Laurie's house, as of Friday, November 6th. It took four days and many friends and museum volunteers to box the show. It only took one day to load the 27 foot U-Haul with ALL of the work aboard. Now I am living amongst towers of boxes, which is not nearly as much fun as living with all my art displayed. It will take a long time to return my home to the showcase it was before my exhibit at the Loveland Museum. I only plan to unpack my upstairs altars for now, but won't begin that tedious process until Thanksgiving Break. I need a break from the show. It is a mental and physical relief that it is all over, but it was an even bigger relief that the show was so enthusiastically received. I didn't know what to expect. I am extremely lucky to have had this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have my work at such a great art museum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laurie on an absolutely stunning show, and incredible achievement! I can see why you might not want to just jump into setting everything up again though! It was so terrific to see the show, and you and Tom, and our friends on such a wonderful occasion.

Diana