Monday, November 8, 2010

LAURIE ZUCKERMAN DIA DE LOS MUERTOS OFRENDA ALTAR at Olinger Crown Hill Cemetery Fiesta in Denver on October 30



Laurie Zuckerman was invited to create one of her eclectic Day of the Dead ofrenda altars at the Olinger Crown Hill Cemetery's Diá de los Muertos Fiesta, October 30 in Denver's Wheat Ridge area. Two of the six altar artists included Denver santeros, Jerry Vigil and Rob Yancey. We all gave presentations about our altars to a crowd of approximately 125 people in the Pavilion. Denver's Westword Magazine voted this the Best Day of the Dead in a Cemetery award for 2010.

This was a brand new altar for me and I had many constraints, worst of which was not being able to put anything on the wall. So I choose to let the window be my wall. It was such a sunny fall day and the Pavilion was so dark. I will make a version of this "Old Mexico" folk art altar again, hopefully next year at a venue where I can take the altar up the wall and onto the floor.



2 comments:

JonesMoore Studio Art, Lisa JonesMoore said...

Oh how I wish I could join you at this wonderful event!

rebecca said...

fantastico!!!
i will be thinking of you from san miguel...