Wednesday, December 2, 2009

LAURIE ZUCKERMAN'S ALTARS AND MEMORY JUGS PROFILED IN LYNNE PERRELLA'S NEW BOOK: ART MAKING & STUDIO SPACES

Laurie Zuckerman's home altars and memory jugs are profiled in Lynne Perrella's new book: Art Making and Studio Spaces. This should be a unique book, as Lynne traveled the country photographing thirty artists' studios. I am so honored to be included with such well-known mixed-media artists as: Michael deMeng, Keith LoBue, Melissa Zink, Judy Wilkenfeld and Lynne Perrella herself.

Two of my photographs of my home altars will appear in the book in addition to the six pages of photos shot by Sarah Blodgett, Lynne's photographer at my home studio during the crush of getting ready for my exhibit at the Loveland Museum earlier this year. Lynne Perrella wrote me this week to say, "Your work absolutely stands alone and captivates every viewer. As my husband would say "Resistance is futile!" I so regret that I was not able to come in and see your most recent show. Many of my colleagues/friends sent me postcards after they had seen it, and one even sent me a poster image that is in my studio. I used two of your altars as the bookends for the book. I think they look fabulous (of course) and provide such richness, as the reader "enters" the book and then they "close" the book by appearing opposite the page where I have my acknowledgements and dedications."

There are color pages of the book, including mine, which you can preview on Amazon.com.

For more information about Lynne Perrella and her latest book project, visit her website: http://www.lkperrella.com

No comments: