Wednesday, December 9, 2009

LAURIE ZUCKERMAN'S HOME ART STUDIO APPEARS IN LYNNE PERRELLA'S BRAND NEW BOOK: ART MAKING & STUDIO SPACES


Laurie Zuckerman just received her copy of Lynne Perrella's new book profiling 31 artists' studios: Art Making and Studio Spaces. I am extremely honored to be a participant in another of Lynne's sumptuous photography books alongside of some of my most admired mixed-media artists, Michael deMeng, Nancy Anderson, and Keith LoBue. After reviewing the book, I decided to post a few additional photos of my home, so that readers can get a broader impression of my home. The studio clutter remains mostly downstairs. The living room/dining room is as much showcase as workspace. Sarah Blodgett's photography in Lynne Perrella's book gives the impression of riotous color, collections, and work materials underfoot everywhere. That is not always the case. There is space and order to my home, especially in the summer of 2008 when these photographs were taken. The colorful memory jugs featured in Lynne's book (see above page spread from the book featuring my dining room table workspace) were memory jugs in progress for the "Red Scare" installation, exhibited in my recent solo show at the Loveland Museum's Main Gallery.

    No comments: